Monday, November 29, 2010

Icebug Women's Creek BUGrip Carbon Boot – Perhaps the best winter gear purchase I’ve ever made!

I LOVE these Icebug walking boots!  I was introduced to Icebugs last winter when I borrowed my husband’s Icebug running shoes on a few icy days for walking with my infant.  I wish I had bought these boots back then!
With 16 metal cleats and 16 rubber cleats that stick out past the sole, these boots grip well on ice, hard-packed snow, and dry pavement (they aren’t recommended for indoor use, and I haven’t ventured in to any stores yet).  I’ve used them for walking around the neighborhood, hiking on hard-packed trails, and I’ve easily slipped them on (no hands!) to get the mail. 
The padded high-top uppers keep my ankles warm, and the boots are overall very comfortable.  I’ve worn them outside for walks at around 0oF, and they keep my feet nice and toasty.  I have wide feet, and at first they felt a little narrow, but I’m used to them now.  I could have purchased the men’s version of the boot if they were really narrow, since men’s shoes are wider.  I range between a size 9 and 9.5, and I ordered the 9.5, which allows room for my thick wool socks.
As a pregnant mom of a one-year-old, I feel safe wearing these boots on icy or packed-down, snowy roads and trails.  Before I bought these boots, I worried about falling while pushing the stroller and pulling it down with me.  Now I’m confident I won’t slip or fall and jeopardize my safety or the safety of my two little ones.
Everyone who lives in snowy and icy conditions and who likes to get outdoors should have a pair of Icebugs!
A big thanks to Susie for providing this review! If any of you other parents have a product you either love or wish you hadn't spent the money on and want to share please email me your review and a picture of the product in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment