Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving


As we take a break this Thursday from trekking I am reminded of how fortunate I am to be surrounded by such amazing friends. In organizing this group I feel I get far more out of it, as I have been able to meet some of the most open-minded, resourceful, helpful, responsible, fun and energetic parents around. Thankful doesn't begin to describe the feeling I have when discusing the trials and triumphs of parenting on a beautiful Alaskan trail and the friendships our children are forging at such an early age. The mix of endorphins and knowing your not alone is powerful. The old Alaskan standard holds true - your friends are your family here.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

Check out the Anchorage Outdoor Family Network for post-Turkey Day ice skating at Westchester Lagoon on Friday afternoon!

If you find yourself needing a place to celebrate the holiday our house is always open to guests. Please shoot me an email and I'll give you directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment