If you aren't familiar with Campbell Creek Science Center... put it on your list! Run by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and isan amazing resource for families in the Anchorage area from their Science Saturdays to their Fireside Chat Lecture Series and beyond to their backpack kits for self-guided nature studies. Here's a list of just some of the opportunities they provide the community (taken from their website):
* Pre-school, elementary, middle, and high school science education and nature awareness programs.
* Team-building programs for youth and adults.
* Orienteering and other outdoor skills programs.
* Scout programs.
* Backpack kits for self-guided nature studies.
* Evening lectures.
* Summer evening science series for families.
* Early morning bird walks.
* Indoor and outdoor volunteer opportunities.
* Special events for people of all ages.
* Adult science and natural history programs.
* Biomonitoring projects including bird banding and creek studies.
It is also provides a network of non-motorized trails.We took advantage of these today!
Many of their programs require registration. Check out their calendar of events for more info.