Thursday, December 27, 2012

Upper Huffman to Hemlock Knob


Today was a first in Taiga Trekkers history, as one dad pointed out... The dads outnumbered the moms 2:1. That's because there were 2 dads and me, along with 3 kiddos. It was a gorgeous morning for a post Christmas madness hike indeed! We hit the trail from the Upper Huffman parking lot and headed toward the Gas Line trail and did part of the Hemlock Knob Trail. We toted kids in Ergos and sleds while Denali & Foraker glowed pink in their sunrise alpenglow dresses. It is always wise, on winter hike in particular, to bring a backup mode of transportation for your little one. In today's case one of the dads brought both a sled and an Ergo. He used both for his little girl.

Our Little Bear broke out the snowshoes for the first time this season. Thanks to a generous donation by Tubbs Snowshoes, we have 6 pairs in various kid sizes, for families to try out on hikes. I usually bring them to all winter hikes, but if you're interested in using a pair shoot me an email and I'll make sure I have them with me. I wore the Kowalli Cover to help keep our Cub warm in the Ergo. It is truly one of my favorite pieces of winter gear. Like the snowshoes, this cover was donated to our lending library by Kowalli. Again shoot me an email if this is something you'd like to use on a hike!

It was great to be back on the trails in the Anchorage Bowl again today! I can't thank Amanda enough for keeping Taiga Trekkers going in my absence! I hope to see you all out on the trail again soon. We hike every Thursday in almost all weather. Please join us!










No comments:

Post a Comment